Before and after you have had your baby it’s important to look after yourself. It’s easy to forget, especially if you have other children or extended family members to care for!
Doing some exercise, getting enough rest and eating healthily helps to keep you and your baby well, and it doesn’t have to be a big deal or expensive! Walking whenever possible is a great way of keeping fit and doesn’t cost anything. Walking up steps instead of taking a lift is a quick win! But getting fresh air by walking outside (even in NW England!) is good for your mental health too. Meeting other mothers at groups can often help you to share experiences and gain support.
Local support numbers
- Blackburn with Darwen: Greater Manchester West Substance Misuse Team Regent House,Regent St, Blackburn Tel: 01254 226062
- East Lancashire (Inspire) Tel: 01254 282900/ 01200 413630
- Inspire-Burnley Tel: 01282 644644
- Maundy Grange Accrington Tel: 01254 232328
- Evolve Blackburn with Darwen Tel: 01254 297050